On behalf of our client in the field of plumbing retail business, we are looking for a Driver and Warehouse Assistant.
As a Driver and Warehouse Assistant, you’ll be committed to delivering an outstanding level of service, and you’ll be professional, driven and enthusiastic. The Driver and Warehouse Assistant role reports into the branch management team and will provide the highest level of service to internal and external customers, and will deliver products to our customers against some very tight deadlines. This role will also be to assist in the warehouse and may at times be customer facing within the branch, serving on the trade counter and dealing with customers over the telephone ensuring that we provide the best service and maximise sales at every opportunity. You’ll naturally promote and embrace our inclusive team environment and we’re sure you’ll have some fun along the way!
- Health and safety of yourself and your vehicle
- Maintenance and condition of your vehicle
- Report any issues or incidents to your line manager
- Comply with transport compliance law and regulations
- Dealing with stock and deliveries
- Supporting the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager with achieving and exceeding sales targets at optimum margins.
- Ensuring we maintain high standards, creating and maintaining a loyal customer base and providing a first class service.
- Assisting with the general duties within the branch such as serving customers on the trade counter, telesales
- Ensuring the housekeeping standards are maintained both on the trade counter and warehousing
Along with a clean driving licence, you will ideally have previous warehouse and driving experience and knowledge of the products associated with our industry would be an advantage. You’ll thrive on providing the best customer service and being a huge support to your branch colleagues
- Discounts, savings and cash back at numerous retailers
- Savings on driving lessons, phone bills, gym memberships as well as further benefits
- Life assurance
- Extended family policy including maternity, paternity, additional annual leave and more
- Mental Health First Aiders and Employee Assistance Programme, we look out for each other
- Complete induction and a company that lets you grow and encourages development
- Financial education and loans
- Flexible working options
- A business striving to create an environment of inclusion so everyone can be their true self
- And more!