To manage and develop the shop and shop team to maximise income and profitability taking account of Hospiscare’s guidelines, policies and procedures.
To ensure the shop is presented to the highest standards and reflects the brand values of Hospiscare.
· Responsible for generating sales across all income streams relevant to the shop environment, suggesting and introducing improvements to ensure turnover and profit are maximised.
· Supervise the performance of individual team members, providing coaching to ensure their skills are fully developed, whilst adhering to relevant volunteering policies and procedures to achieve and maintain a motivated and engaged workforce.
· Plan for and monitor volunteer numbers and availability, anticipating peak trading periods and annual leave, to ensure adequate volunteer cover at all times to keep shop trading and secure income.
· Responsible for the display of merchandise using creative and commercial acumen, in line with the visual merchandising guidelines, in order to support the achievement of sales targets.
· Accountable for maintaining and increasing Gift Aid revenue to ensure this revenue stream is maximised, liaising with the Gift Aid Officer in order that the donor database is up to date and accurate.
· Manage Gift Aid stock to ensure it is given priority, observing compliance with HMRC guidance and data protection legislation, to secure this income.
· Support volunteers in providing excellent service to ensure a great customer experience is achieved for both internal and external customers.
· Liaise with the Volunteering team in the recruitment of volunteers, to ensure adequate cover at all times to support income and profit.
· Responsible for the security of stock, buildings, equipment and consumables in the care and ownership of Hospiscare in order to safeguard property and income.
General education to GCSE standard or equivalent, including maths and English at level C/4 or above
Significant experience of managing a team
Significant experience in delivering and managing excellent customer service
Detailed understanding of High Street retail and a keen interest in/knowledge of the latest fashion/trends
Understanding of an epos system for data inputting, interpretation, reporting and analysis purposes
Highly developed leadership skills with the ability to build and motivate a team to successfully achieve set targets and business objectives
Developed skills for effective visual merchandising and display techniques
Developed time management and organisational skills
Developed communication skills
Developed IT skills
Ability to work autonomously and act on own initiative, take proactive approach to changing business needs and objectives and seeking advice/escalating issues when appropriate
Personal resilience and the ability to respond positively to change
A solution focussed approach
Able to demonstrate sensitivity when required
Awareness of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in all aspects of work
Physically capable of undertaking the manual handling requirements of the role
Ability to be flexible with working days, hours and range of tasks to be undertaken for the role
Able to travel to other Hospiscare sites when required to attend meetings etc as well as to other locations on occasion
· Generous holiday entitlement
· Access to NHS benefits and discounts
· Employee Assistant program
· Excellent pension scheme
· Career and professional development
· Enhanced maternity benefits after qualifying service
· Eye care vouchers
· Cycle to work scheme
· Wellbeing and mental health support
· Flexible working opportunities