To assist the shop manager with the day to day running of the shop, contributing to maximising income and profitability.
To maintain the presentation of the shop to the highest standards reflecting the brand values of Hospiscare.
· Assist the shop manager with all aspects of shop operations to ensure the smooth running of the shop.
· Provide excellent customer service to ensure a great experience for both internal and external customers and to secure customer engagement and repeat sales.
· Assist the shop manager in identifying opportunities to increase income in order to achieve and exceed shop targets.
· Assist with the sorting of donations from the general public, house clearance, collections and corporate partners, to ensure continuity of stock flow.
· Maintain the display of Gift Aid stock to secure this income stream, following HMRC guidance and data protection legislation to ensure Hospiscare remains compliant.
· Undertake visual merchandising and display products effectively using creativity and commercial awareness to support maximising sales.
· Motivate and support volunteers to help maximise sales and exceed shop targets.
General education to GCSE level, including maths and English at C/4 or above, or equivalent
Demonstrable experience in delivering excellent customer service
Demonstrable experience of working as part of a team
Understanding of High Street retail and with a keen interest in/knowledge of the latest fashion/trends
Developed communication and interpersonal skills
Developed IT skills
Ability to work autonomously and act on own initiative, seeking advice/escalating issues when appropriate
Personal resilience and the ability to respond positively to change
A solution focussed approach
Able to demonstrate sensitivity when required
Awareness of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in all aspects of work
Physically capable of undertaking the manual handling requirements of the role
Ability to be flexible with working days, hours and range of tasks to be undertaken for the role.
· Generous holiday entitlement
· Access to NHS benefits and discounts
· Employee Assistant program
· Excellent pension scheme
· Career and professional development
· Enhanced maternity benefits after qualifying service
· Eye care vouchers
· Cycle to work scheme
· Wellbeing and mental health support
· Flexible working opportunities