On behalf of our Client, an IT company specialized in development of Hardware and Software solutions we are looking for Software Engineer.
In this role, you will be a member of the Kernel & Firmware team who specialise in power management software.
This role is based in the Cambridge office and focuses on the upstream Linux Kernel. You will work on our leading Energy Aware Scheduling and associated technologies. Your contribution will help to reduce the time to market.
- Crafting and analysing innovative scheduling features,
- Performance and Power measurement on real hardware platforms,
- Development and testing on platforms from software models, through FPGA systems, all the way to development boards and shipping products,
- Upstreaming and maintenance of existing features,
- Influencing and building consensus among the upstream community to ensure that Linux Scheduler and Power Management are excellent on the company platforms.
- Established experience or a Bachelor’s (or above) degree in a STEM subject.
- You are passionate about Open Source Software development and are a visible contributor to the Linux Kernel,
- We require commanding knowledge of developing and debugging operating systems,
- You understand the low level details of computer systems and hardware,
- You have excellent C skills; some assembly skills are desirable,
- Strong analytical skills are one of your key attributes,
- Your strong interpersonal skills are vital for success; we are looking for excellent written and spoken English; capable of writing documentation, mentoring junior engineers,
- We expect a professional, enthusiastic and flexible approach to work with a flair for creative lateral thinking and problem solving with a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge.