On behalf of our client in the food manufacturing field, we are looking for a Senior Procurement Controller - Bread.
We are looking to appoint a Senior Procurement Controller to have full responsibility for bread sourcing across the whole business, ensuring that performance delivers against procurement and functional plans, targets, and strategies. This role will require extensive travel to suppliers and company`s sites across London, the Midlands and Yorkshire.
- Value preservation - lead on all procurement activity for the bread category to ensure that the total cost of the portfolio is managed efficiently and effectively, with rigorous attention to detail on PV, financial forecasting, rebates and cash management.
- Formulate and implement a bread sourcing strategy to ensure that business strategies and performance targets are achieved and ensure cross functional agreement with plan. Specific focus on business risk, sustainability and LCCS v near shoring. Influence on specification, origin and specification choices. Formulate and implement supplier identification, selection and performance management processes.
- Stakeholder engagement with commercial teams, including regular market updates/commentary, and support of inflation recovery in your area of expertise, including direct dialogue with customer where necessary. High level of direct engagement with customers and their relevant buyers.
- Stakeholder engagement with Operational teams (including technical and sustainability) to ensure correct levels of quality and Inbound Service levels are achieved. Develop good working relationships with General Manager and supply chain teams. Have sound understanding of how key sites operate, and who key colleagues are.
- Ensure appropriate governance and risk management. High level of supplier and market engagement to identify and mitigate emerging risks
- Support the achievement of our sustainability plan through leading with a sustainability mindset.
- Support the achievement of our inclusion and diversity aspirations through role modelling and personally leading and hiring inclusively, embracing and encouraging diversity.
- Implement and ensure compliance with our data management and governance policies, procedures and/or guidance governance approaches so that associated risks are mitigated and managed.
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Experience and knowledge of procurement systems and processes, gained in a manufacturing or FMCG environment
- Experience of advanced negotiation capability and skill
- Understanding and experience of bread procurement market, suppliers and materials
- Has experience working with computer programmes and Microsoft Office proficient
- Experience and understanding of all aspects of the end-to-end supply chain processes
- A practised understanding of value enablers, creation and preservation
- Experience working and communicating with a diverse group of people, applying excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Car allowance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Exclusive employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform