On behalf of our Client, a software company specialized in development of applications in different programming languages, Mobile Development, Data Development & Analysis , Service Management, we are looking for Senior PCB Design Engineer.
Design and layout complex multi-layer (4 – 20 layers) Printed Circuit Boards to be used in commercial, security, aerospace and space sectors, within the Cyber Business Unit, delivering multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes ranging from tens of £k to several £m.
- Design and layout complex multi-layer (4 – 20 layers) rigid, semi-rigid or flexi Printed Circuit Boards, that contain through, buried and blind vias to be used in commercial, security, aerospace and space sectors, following Ultra’s processes.
- Design PCB layouts for analogue, RF, digital, power, high-speed and highly reliable circuits in accordance with DO-254 if required.
- Design PCB layouts considering security, EMC and TEMPEST implications and rules.
- With input from Production Test, incorporate test points in the layout to make the PCB testable without comprising the performance required by hardware engineers.
- Work with the electronic hardware team to understand circuit requirements such as trace impedances, separations and any limitations, EMC and TEMPEST considerations and signal integrity rules, to ensure the PCB conforms to them.
- Liaise with bare PCB fabricators and PCB assembly houses, as required, to ensure the design is of high quality and conforms to their stackup, DRC, DFM and DFT requirements.
- Work with the mechanical engineers to ensure the PCB design is in accordance with their requirements and space envelope.
- Liaising with the procurement and supply chain teams to ensure a seamless transition to manufacture.
- CAD library administration including symbol, footprint generation and database administration.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload, and work under pressure to deliver on multiple projects at the same time.
- Participating in designs reviews with electrical and mechanical hardware engineers.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of best practice PCB design processes and tools.
- Estimate time and effort required for PCB design activities and deliver to these time and effort estimates to ensure cost and schedule adherence.
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject or equivalent experience.
- Experience of PCB design, routing and layout of complex, high-density electronic circuit assemblies, including through-hole and fine-pitch SMT components.
- Extensive experience of using industry standard toolsets for PCB layout and simulation.
- In-depth knowledge of routing practices, guidelines and IPC standards.
- Experience of implementing DFM and DFT features on PCBs and review processes with suppliers.
- Must have proven experience of using modern design tools with a record of successful PCB designs covering a range of complex PCBs e.g. multi-layer, high speed digital, RF, analogue and power distribution.
Bonus - performance related
25 days’ holiday with the option to buy an extra 5
4 x Life Assurance Cover
Flexible working hours
Early Finish on a Friday
Our Ultra Select Benefits package including – subsidised gym & retail, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, etc.