On behalf of our client in the field of transportation services we are looking for a Safety Officer.
In this role you will provide Health & Safety technical advice and support across a diverse, regional and national, multi-site organisation. You will act as the liaison between the central safety function and local management with the Safety Team. You will be required to travel to multiple site locations across the South and South East.
- Act as lead auditor on internal audits and remedial actions and produce reports
- Lead auditor on external driver safety audits with Partner Coach Operators where required
- Facilitate on fire risk assessments and action resolution.
- Provision of technical advice and support on health & safety compliance within specified locations
- Development and delivery of health & safety training
- Facilitate risk assessments and formulate safe systems of work
- Assist in accident/incident investigations where required and provide advice to local management in risk reduction
- Participate in key health & safety committee and local meetings and support health & safety performance data to local management
- Review accidents, near miss and unsafe act reports for all locations within agreed portfolio
- Lead on projects and work streams to develop and progress the requirements of the company health, safety and welfare plan and health & safety management system.
- Must have UK based safety experience
- NEBOSH General Certificate or higher essential
- NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 5 desirable
- Recent experience in a leadership/management safety role
- Must be based in the South East of England
- Qualified auditor to OHSAS 45001 or HSG65 standards
- Excellent communication, coaching and influencing skills
- Must hold full driving licence as extensive UK travel is required
- Highly motivated and dedicated safety professional
- Member of IOSH (Desirable)
- £40,000 per annum
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Free travel for you and your partner as well as discounted travel for up to 4 family members
- Variety of retail deals and discounts including days out, cinema and mobile
- Employee Assistance Programme