On behalf of our client, a large supplier of wooden and building materials we are looking for a Customer Service Advisor - Distribution, Yard Assistant.
Full Time : Mon & Fri 0730 - 1700 and ALT Sat 0800 - 1200
As a Yard Operative will have one of the most important roles within the branch network. You will regularly be the first and last point of contact for customers visiting the branch so you play a huge part in delivering a fantastic customer experience. To support the team you will;
· Welcome customers to the branch and take an active interest in their projects
· Get to know our product lines so you can offer advice and help to customers.
· Help to prepare customer orders, load and unload customer and supplier vehicles using a Fork Lift Truck to minimise manual handling (training will be provided)
· Check incoming deliveries and report missing or damaged products
· Maintain stock levels in both the shop and yard areas, carrying out regular stock counts
· Keep the branch looking clean and tidy, to make a great first impression on our customers
· Use our in-house systems to process customer orders to support the branch team, as and when required
· Make Health & Safety a priority and demonstrate how you can keep yourself and others safe at work
· Work with colleagues to suggest opportunities for improvement