If you want to get your dream job, you've got to make an outstanding CV! An effective and persuasive CV will help you outrank your competitors and take the place where you truly belong.
Throughout your dream job search, use your resume in the best way possible to promote yourself. If you know how to advertise yourself properly, you'll have a better chance to get the position than someone with greater work experience. Use your CV as a tool that will help you in pursuing your dreams.
Jobbri will guide you all the way through and within this blog you will learn everything about the great power of your CV and how it can help you to get your dream job.
At the very beginning
Your personal profile is the first thing a recruiter will see when they scan your CV. Most recruiters have to go over hundreds of resumes so make sure to write a catchy introduction and add a picture of yourself (only if you want to). Your mission is to grab their attention and stand out from the crowd.
Your resume should be short and snappy, as it should contain the most important and impressive professional information about you. You can list the following things:
· What is your previous experience
· What are your top skills
· What education and qualifications you have
· What are your biggest achievements
· What is your career goal
· Additional - what are your hobbies and how you like to spend your free time
Structure it like a pro
Take the time to make your CV look exceptional. It has to be modern, structured, but most importantly – professional. You don't want to look like an amateur, do you?
Bright colours may be inappropriate sometimes, but you will definitely stand out from the crowd if you bet on them. If you prefer lighter colours, use them. If you run out of ideas, Jobbri is here to help. Get your personalised CV template and fill it out with all the requested info. You can then directly apply for a job position.
Make sure your CV is well-organized - it's logical and easily readable. Add all the needed information, but make it brief. You don't want to bother those who're reading it. It should be accurate in content, spelling, and grammar. If you mention that you have attention to detail as a skill, make sure that your spelling and grammar are perfect!
Add great content
The content of your CV is what represents you as a person and highlights all your positive sides. It's what employers see and value most, so make sure to match your skills to the employer’s requirements. Be a little more creative and show why you're the best fit for this position.
· Contact information – this one should be kept basic: your name, address, email address, phone number and links to your profiles in LinkedIn and other work-related platforms. It's not necessary to incorporate personal details like your date of birth, legal status, or religion.
· Previous experience – match the outline of your professional experience to the position you're applying for. It's important to indicate your relevant experience and present yourself in the best light. Arrange your experience chronologically, so your most up-to-date experience is at the highest. This may help you when it's time for interviews and you will be asked about your most recent job.
· Education and qualifications – your education and all the qualifications you have must be listed in reverse chronological order. Include all institutions' names, the dates you were studying there and optional – the grades you obtained. If you've got extra qualifications, don't forget to mention them as well.
· Achievements – when you highlight your achievements, you're more likely to get the recruiter's attention. Be specific and add things that can be measured with success, which are impressive and appropriate for the position and your CV.
· Skills – always describe your skills and competencies. It's crucial that they're work-related and won't do any harm to your resume. For example, if you're looking for marketing specialist jobs, use keywords such as marketing campaigns, Facebook & Google ads, content creation and so on. If you have extra certificates for marketing related trainings, also add them to your CV.
· Personal qualities – they're a great opportunity to show yourself off. Share personal information regarding yourself and spice things up rather than using only boring professional information. Remember to be honest and not make things up! You can share your favourite quotes, personal traits that you just want to emphasize – such as flexibility, positive attitude, responsibility, team player, etc. Don't forget to attach social media URLs.
If you've just graduated school or university, read Jobbri's best tips on how to write the perfect graduate CV here:
-link to “How to write the perfect graduate CV”-
Getting your dream job starts with writing an amazing CV. It's the first step to making your dreams come true and it can help you all the way to success. With Jobbri's guide you will be able to make the most out of your CV and getting your dream job will be only a matter of time.
If you're hoping to find the best job for your qualifications, sign up at Jobbri and let the search begin! With our customised CV templates, you will outstand from the crowd and probably will get the best position out there.
Sign up now!